A background actor or extra is a performer in a film, television show, stage, musical, opera or ballet production, who appears in a nonspeaking, nonsinging or nondancing capacity, usually in the background (for example, in an audience or busy street scene).
Yes. Really. Although there may be some dancing.
So, what do you need to do to get on set? You need to get busy...
1. Follow us on Twitter and retweet any of our tweets.
2. Like us on facebook and share any of our posts.
The more you tweet and share, the more chance you have to be cast so, tweet and share early and often.
We’ll be selecting an extra this Friday afternoon and flying the selectee and a guest to LA this coming Monday, May 14th - all expenses paid. Or, most expenses anyway - flight and hotel for two nights.
By the way, while you’ll definitely be an “extra” on set, we can’t really guarantee you screen time. But... we can certainly guarantee you a good time. We’ll make sure you get some cool swag too.
Follow us on Twitter.
Like us on facebook.
- - - - - - - -
Includes: a non-speaking, featured "extra" walk-on role on Atlas Shrugged Part 2. Valid for one person however, the selectee may bring a guest on set. Must be at least 18 years old. Availability is based on production schedule. Show tapes in LA. We can not guarantee that the scene the winner is in will make the final cut and be aired. The selectee will not be paid for their time.
- You must be available to be on set between the hours of 7PM Tuesday, May 15th and 7AM Wednesday, May 16th.
- You must bring formal dress appropriate for a wedding reception. Yes... that Wedding reception.
- Airfare and lodging expenses not to exceed $2000.00.